Feed Truck Driver (Souris, MB)
Posted on: November 8, 2017
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
FEED TRUCK DRIVER
Souris Feed Mill (Souris, MB) – Full Time Position
The Feed Truck Driver is responsible for the efficient delivery of feed products while providing courteous, quality-conscious customer service as set out by Maple Leaf Agri-Farms company guidelines.
- Provides quality customer service
- Delivers loads of feed as assigned by dispatcher
- Performs daily pre-trip, and weekly truck/trailer inspections
- Reports and discusses truck/trailer maintenance concerns with supervisor
- Maintains log book as required
- Keeps tractor/trailer unit clean and well organized, both inside and out, notwithstanding inclement weather conditions and the demand for on-time feed delivery
- Performs all paperwork according to business requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class 1A Driver’s License with favorable Driver’s Abstract
- 3-5 years of experience driving truck/trailer unit
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.