Analyst, Sow Group Housing (Southeast Manitoba)
Posted on: November 3, 2017
Analyst, Sow Group Housing
Reporting to the Manager, Land and Property, this position is under the Technical Services Department and is assigned to assist with the Loose Sow Housing initiatives. This position is based out of Southeast Manitoba.
• Become proficient with the Nedap Electronic Sow Feeders (ESF) and the Velos software that runs the system
• Train the barn employees and other members of the MLAF Team on the operation, capabilities, and maintenance of the ESF system
• Train and coach barn staff, production managers and loose housing team on Nedap feeders, Velos, handheld scanners, chain disk system
• Calibrate Nedap Electronic sow feeders for feed amounts and monitor to ensure accurate feeding
• Responsible for building animal movement schedules in excel and collaborating with logistics on animal movements
• Build the RFID data base for new barn conversions with Velos software
• Plan and coordinate the initial wave of animal RFID tagging
• Weekly reporting on animal movements & training progression
• Problem solve in areas of animal training and ESF function
• Monitor and report on feed balance attentions during conversion
• Effectively and clearly communicate to various members of the Loose Housing project
• Work safely and responsibly in conversion barn with animals that are returning from training and entering home barn loose housing entrance.
• Be able to develop an animal flow pattern by breed weeks during conversion into new environment.
• Work with Specialist, Sow Grp Housing to ensure proper hand-off to post conversion management
• Monitor and track production and performance results post conversion for 24 months
• Proficient in Microsoft excel and word
• Planning and organization skills
• Exceptional strong analytical skills
• Team player
• Strong ability to teach and coach others efficiently
• Understanding of hog sow production will be considered a large asset
• Able to work with animals and a barn environment
• Detail oriented and thorough
• Valid driver’s license and good driving skills
• Be mobile and available to overnight travel when necessary at MLAF sow barns at various locations in Manitoba and Saskatchewan
This job posting is being advertised outside of Maple Leaf Foods and all resumes are being accepted from applicants.
In accordance with the MLF Job Posting Policy, all applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their intent to apply with their current supervisor prior to submitting their application for consideration.
Please submit your resume by November 10, 2017 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Fax: (204) 355-4404